About Me:

I am a wife, mom of 3 teenagers, and I love to read. I do not limit myself to one genre, but do have some that I prefer. Depending on my mood I will choose a book from RomCom, Romance, Dark Romance, Suspense/Thriller, YA, NA, and SciFi/Fantasy. I would love to share the books I read with you so that you may enjoy them too!

It takes so much courage for an author to put their work out there for the public to read. Then to subject themselves to the opinions of those readers. You will not find disrespectful reviews on this page. Even if a book is not for me, it may be something someone else enjoys. I will not belittle or be nasty to any author, regardless of subject matter. No bashing of person or writing will be tolerated.

My goal by creating this blog is to help authors get their books noticed and to help introduce readers to authors they may not usually read.

Also, please note that any links contained on this website I DO NOT profit from. I do receive advanced reader copies of some of the books I review, but I promise to never let that sway my true feelings on the piece of work.

I am willing to help out as many authors/PAs/promotion companies as I can, but please know that my calendar doesn't always allow for a certain time frame. Please feel free to contact me and I can see if I am able to help. This is a one woman show ;) You can visit my Facebook Page (Like/Follow) at https://www.facebook.com/Reading-Escape-Reviews-279044492594921/ and my email is readingescapereviews@gmail.com

Thank you for stopping by! Oh, and be sure to get on the 2017 Goodreads Reading Challenge. I will be asking periodically for your actual and goal number!

Friday, July 21, 2017

Walls of Ainsley by S.J. Lynn

Walls of Ainsley

by S.J. Lynn Walls of Ainsley #1 Publication Date: November 10, 2016 Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romantic Psychological Thriller
Read for FREE in KindleUnlimited: Amazon
Brigham Ainsley is the son of the most notorious mass murderer in Surrey, England. The Ainsleys built this orphanage decades ago. Considered odd and eccentric for their time, the family remained secluded, shutting out the world. It is believed Brigham’s father, Allister, finally snapped, killing the children and family at his mercy. Scarlet, a fresh out of college journalist, knows there’s an untold story here and sets off to England to hopefully guarantee her career working for the top magazine company located in San Francisco. It isn’t long before the locals tell her to turn around. They say Brigham could still be alive—or he’s dead and haunts the place. It isn’t long before Scarlet finds out which story is true. ***Note from Author: Contains cliffhanger. Book 2 “Heart of Ainsley” is out now!***

My Review of The Walls of Ainsley:

This book is not like any other that I have read.  Scarlet is just out of college with debt she knows she can't repay.  The only way that she can keep from getting caught back up in her past is to get a good job right out of college.  What better way than to put to rest the story of the Ainsley's orphanage.

No one from the Manor has returned her phone calls for interviews, so she decides to show up in person.  Will this be Scarlet's ending?  Will she get the story before she meets the same fate as the Ainsleys?

This story is written in the third person POV from the two main characters.  The writing style did trip me up a few times trying to get a hold of who was saying what.  Scarlet was a strong female lead, but still had a history of her own that made her compassionate.  Roxi was a great addition to the story as a friend to Scarlet.  Overall, I liked The Walls of Ainsley a lot and will be reading the Heart of Ainsley.  I have to know the whole story.  With that being said I am giving Walls of Ainsley 4.5 stars.  It took a little bit for me to latch onto the story, but once I did, I was hooked.  The ending wasn't what I expected and that is what I love.  Are you ready for your tour inside the Walls of Ainsley, and will you make it out?

About S.J. Lynn

S. J. Lynn is a romance author with varying subgenres. She loves creating stories that grab her reader’s attention from beginning to end… Stories that take you right into the world of her characters. Love, hope, loss, betrayal, action, suspense, mystery, thriller… She strives to do it all. Walls of Ainsley is her latest novel to reach the top 10 in the psychological thriller genre with its sequel “Heart of Ainsley”. Every story has had a tremendous loving reaction from her readers that fuels her desire to keep on doing what she loves. Lynn invites you to connect with her on social media where she loves to get to know her fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment