About Me:

I am a wife, mom of 3 teenagers, and I love to read. I do not limit myself to one genre, but do have some that I prefer. Depending on my mood I will choose a book from RomCom, Romance, Dark Romance, Suspense/Thriller, YA, NA, and SciFi/Fantasy. I would love to share the books I read with you so that you may enjoy them too!

It takes so much courage for an author to put their work out there for the public to read. Then to subject themselves to the opinions of those readers. You will not find disrespectful reviews on this page. Even if a book is not for me, it may be something someone else enjoys. I will not belittle or be nasty to any author, regardless of subject matter. No bashing of person or writing will be tolerated.

My goal by creating this blog is to help authors get their books noticed and to help introduce readers to authors they may not usually read.

Also, please note that any links contained on this website I DO NOT profit from. I do receive advanced reader copies of some of the books I review, but I promise to never let that sway my true feelings on the piece of work.

I am willing to help out as many authors/PAs/promotion companies as I can, but please know that my calendar doesn't always allow for a certain time frame. Please feel free to contact me and I can see if I am able to help. This is a one woman show ;) You can visit my Facebook Page (Like/Follow) at https://www.facebook.com/Reading-Escape-Reviews-279044492594921/ and my email is readingescapereviews@gmail.com

Thank you for stopping by! Oh, and be sure to get on the 2017 Goodreads Reading Challenge. I will be asking periodically for your actual and goal number!

Friday, October 20, 2017

Blayke by Dawn Sullivan


The Chosen by Destiny Series by Dawn Sullivan


Blayke 
(Book #1 in the Chosen by Destiny Series)

My name is Blayke Wynters, and until recently I was your typical teenage girl. I lived for cheerleading, dance, and the cute boy who sat in front of me in fifth period. Unfortunately, all of that changed, and there wasn’t anything I could do about it.

On my sixteenth birthday, my life was turned upside down when I found out that not only are vampires, werewolves, and witches real, but that I was wanted by them all, and they were coming for me. Some want to kill me, others want to protect me. But what do I want? Right now, I just want to survive.

My Review of Blayke
As a parent, it always seems hard to find books that are clean for my teenage girl.  I want to encourage reading, but try to maintain her innocence as long as I can.  Blayke is a perfect book for a teen/young adult that is interested in vampires/slayers/werewolves.  

Blayke is your average sixteen year old girl. Only worrying about cheerleading, friends, and school.  Until she starts having very vivid dreams of another life.  One day, the dreams become a reality and Blayke is no longer just an average sixteen year old.

Blayke goes through a lot in this book.  She has to adjust to a new lifestyle, forgiving family for keeping secrets, and making new friends that are more like herself.  There are lessons in Blayke that young adults can relate to.  Maybe not in the literal sense, but that they can relate to in their own lives.  

I loved Blayke, but I am a supernatural lover!  The story line drew me in and made me want to find out what really happened to Blayke.  Even still at the end, I found myself needing to know more!  I am looking forward to the second book in the Chosen by Destiny series to see what happens.  I wish I could say what happens with......but that would spoil the story!

5 Stars for Blayke!
Image result for 5 star review

Buy Links:



Enter the giveaway to win a paperback copy of Blayke signed by Dawn Sullivan and the cover model!



Meet Author Dawn Sullivan




I have a wonderful, supportive husband and three beautiful children.  I enjoy spending time with all of them which normally involves some baseball, shooting hoops, taking walks, watching movies, and reading.
My passion for reading began at a very young age and only grew over time.  Whether I was bringing home a book from the library, or sneaking one of my mom's romance novels to read by the light in the hallway when we were supposed to be sleeping, I always had a book.  
I read several different genres and subgenres, but Paranormal Romance and Romantic Suspense are my favorites.
I have always made up my own stories, and have just recently decided to start sharing them.  I hope everyone enjoys reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment